Our Sustainable Plan
With all the climate change consequences, we think that it’s time to up our game as a business, as individuals and we need to shout about our sustainable policies already in practice and everything else is in the pipeline.
In the next couple of lines, we are going to talk about our current principles and believes as a business:
- We only ever stock sustainable products and priorities 100% greener brands like ourselves.
- We aspire to be a plastic free business and one day to be a waste free one.
- We ensure all skincare ingredients are from natural ingredients and they don’t contain SLS, parabens, artificial ingredients, fragrances, preservatives and are not tested on animals.
- We priorities local, handmade products from small business and we encourage a fair and transparent supply chain.
- Where we can, we choose organic products over non-organic however are still early days for these, especially when we take in consideration the costs.
- We prioritize working with independent businesses, such as UK based family enterprises.
- We try to source 100% of our products direct to the brands themselves to help support other small businesses. This means there is a shorter supply chain, they are able to pay better wages, create better quality products, produce locally and leave less of an environmental impact in getting their products to you.
- We are aspiring to post all of our products in 100% recycled cardboard or paper. Also, we are using plastic free packaging and in most cases we are trying to re-use packaging from our suppliers.
- We want to share our ethos and encourage others to do it along us. Therefore, we are giving at least 10% of our profits to charities. Our goal is to support each year a different one.
As a responsible small business, we enact the same values and principles wherever we have a presence, and our goal is to be champions for other brands which are having strong and sustainable principles.
This sustainable plan was put in place so we can have a way to record, monitor and continue to improve our self within the scope of UN SDG’s. With all the planet’s economic, social and environmental challenges the UN has created 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) to define global priorities and aspirations for 2030 and encourages all businesses to align their strategy and ensure sustainability as best practice for all new and current businesses.
See the 17 SDG’s here.
People – Human Rights, Sustainable Development Goal: No poverty, zero hunger, quality education, reduced inequalities, gender equality and decent work: Our products are largely sourced from the maker direct. The makers and suppliers have considerably researched their own supply chain to ensure the products are fairly made.
People – Good Health & Well-being: Our sourced products are claimed to be made from natural ingredients with limited processes as per each supplier , manufacturer demands. This means not only are the products good for your skin, they are non-toxic for the people that make them.
Planet – Clean Water, Water consumption and cleanliness is currently an area where the information and statistics are not available for the entire supply chain from the water used in making packaging to growing individual ingredients.
Where fabric is sourced, we always choose organic and unbleached when we have the option and ensure all of our printed inks are plant based. We are looking only to stock and promote only fair trade or organic items for which their ingredients are grown, harvested in more sustainable way.
Planet – Clean Energy: Our HQ is currently run on 100% renewable electric – by Bulb. We are using our one sustainable source of electricity, our own solar panels. One of our goals is to get as many information we can about our suppliers, so we can be able to provide a % of our suppliers which run on clean energy.
Planet – Climate Action: We currently use Royal Mail for all of our postage needs. Unfortunately, carbon neutral courier systems are too expensive for the ‘small’ parcels we send but we hope as we get larger that we can use a carbon neutral service at no extra cost to our customers. Our packaging is 100% plastic free however we realize it is instead made from trees. All of packaging is either re-used from suppliers or ‘new’. Our new means it’s sourced from suppliers which are using recycled cardboard boxes.
Planet – Responsible Consumption & Reduction, Ingredient Sourcing, Supply Chain Integrity: We are in the process of creating our contract which will be a code of ethical conduct based on the Sustainable Development Goals which we will request all suppliers and companies we work with sign up to to ensure we are aligned for the greater good.
Our influence: Every time we post on social media or we are sharing a piece of new content on our website, we have the sustainability principal in our minds. However it must be appreciated that sometimes, especially on social media platforms, our account is a mix of both personal and business updates. As any of us, nobody or no business is perfect, but we are trying to do our best. Also, we strongly encourage our customers to buy less, but buy more sustainable and where is possible to buy locally.
Circular packaging: For the moment we are looking into releasing a closed-loop returnable packaging option for customers who want to go completely zero waste when shopping online. Please feel free to contact us if you have any suggestions or recommendations.
BE THE CHANGE.